W.E. have big plans at WildCraft Ecovillage. Feel free to read all about our plan below or find the most current version of The Plan here.
The Plan - Short Version:
Create a small ecovillage in Austin, at the Texas Music Ranch, with:
- A Tribal Village.
- A School of Art and Sustainable Concepts.
- An Organic Farm.
- Various Eco-Businesses
This will lead to establishing a larger rural ecovillage on 200+ acres outside of town. This will be a rural ecovillage for 40 homesteads comprised of people who celebrate diversity, healthy community, and self-sustainability.
The two communities will work together as one.
The Plan - Greatly Extended Version:
These are the elements we have planned.
W.E. Tribal Village (settlers are moving in now) - A unique experimental off-grid Tribal Village, based on the principals of Permaculture Design and simple living. W.E. are determined co-creators caring for Mother Earth and each other, while embracing diversity, eco-thinking, and creative expression. W.E. choose to cultivate a colorful, productive, thriving environment.
For more information, go to www.wildcraftecovillage.weebly.com/tribal-village.html
W.E. School of Art and Sustainable Concepts (in planning) - WildCraft EcoVillage School of Artistry, Intentional Community Design, and Sustainable Concepts will be a unique place to learn and grow skills that will empower and inspire. Knowledge is power.
- Art studios for local artist to learn and work in.
- Classrooms and exhibits demonstrating methods of sustainability.
- Classes, workshops, and programs accompanied with curriculum.
W.E. Eco Tour (in planning) - WildCraft EcoVillage is working towards being a destination for people who would like to see sustainability in action.
- Exhibits of Self-sustainability in action.
- Work with local green businesses who would like to set up these exhibits for the mutual benefit of all.
W.E. Organic Farm - WildCraft EcoVillage Organic Farm is another important element of our mission. Aside from providing healthy locally grown food, this will be a place to learn about growing your own food and a place to do just that. W.E. plan to set up as many different types of demonstration gardens that show healthy growing techniques in action. This will include produce, fish, poultry, and goats.
Eco Business - WildCraft EcoVillage will work with local green businesses to installed exhibits and working examples of self-sustainability in action. W.E. will also be embracing green businesses working right along side us.
Phase 1 - Code Red - Occupy the land and get an infrastructure in place. Clarify the initial core group of co-creators.
- Clarify the plan – (a work in progress)
- Obtain property – DONE (@ Texas Music Ranch)
- 4.20 beautiful wooded acres for the Tribal Village (being settled now)
- 1 acre for the Organic Farm (ready to be worked)
- Approximately 2 acres for the school and eco-businesses. (under discussion)
- Spread the word – (we set up a website and the word is out)
- Facilitate applicant's – (the process is being set up and almost ready)
- Assist new settlers in getting moved in.
- Set up initial infrastructure.
- Trails, roads, and parking.
- Bathroom Facilities.
- WiFi and Local Network
- Community Solar Bank.
- Community Shower.
- Community Kitchen.
- Main Circle at the Sacred Tree
- Community Laundry Room
- Community Rec Room
- Community Garden
- Determine roles and responsibilities
Phase 2 – Code Yellow - Evaluate lessons learned, discuss variables, identify challenges, formulate strategies, clarify agreements; formalize organization, and networking.
- Establish a decision making process and protocols.
- Continue facilitating applicants.
- Upgrade infrastructure as possible.
- Continue to assisting new settlers getting move in.
- Start working on the Permaculture Master Plan for the property.
- Initiate beautification and art projects.
- Identify county restrictions.
- Identify any county or state programs that will benefit our efforts.
- Identify grants and loan options.
- Start writing a formal business plan.
- Revise any agreements and strategies deemed necessary.